Customer satisfaction is our number one goal. Palmetto guarantees that our products will meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. Palmetto values the impact of a completely satisfied customer and has numerous measures to provide the visibility and communication that our customers want. Palmetto Industries has an exclusive 100% web based in-house developed integrated supply chain database. This system integrates the following aspects:
- Allows our regional account managers to request quotations, samples and generate quotes to customers.
- Allows both the account managers and the technical engineers to develop specifications for the bags and maintain this as per the changes.
- Generates purchase orders within the global entities of Palmetto or its suppliers and also track shipments throughout the various stages.
- Generates customer reports on a regular basis and also allows the customers and suppliers to view the status to the stages in the supply chain.
- Tracks inventory and reconciles this with the financial software.
- Notifies all parties if there is a significant change to the delivery date. The system also has personalized “dash boards” for each person authorized to log in. The dash board is pulling information from the CRM and the financial software and integrates everything in one place.
The system also has personalized “dash boards” for each person authorized to log in. The dash board is pulling information from the CRM and the financial software and integrates everything in one place.
Any complaints or issues are logged into our common database. This is an internal database and only accessed by customer service and sales. This will automatically generate a CAR (Corrective Action Response). It is our goal to respond within 48 hours on what actions are being taken to find a resolution.
The following process is adopted for resolution and communication:
- The account manager in charge of that account will visit the customer usually with 48 hours if warranted.
- If a bag is damaged or has failed, then it will be emptied and returned to us. In the case of the bag not available, then a copy of the safe working label attached to the bag will be requested.
- Once we have the bag and/or the label, all that information will be sent to our factory where that bag was manufactured.
- All test data relevant to that particular lot and those before and after will be gathered and analyzed.
- Depending on the magnitude of the problem, a representative from the factory might elect to visit the customer to study the problem. Usually our experts in Augusta will handle the issue with the customer.
- Once we have identified the root cause, we will develop a corrective action and implement this immediately.
- All steps taken will be communicated with the customer via email and/or fax.