Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBCs) – also known as FIBC bulk bags – are flexible, durable containers designed to handle an adaptable catalog of materials.
Palmetto’s FIBCs are tailor-made to your specifications. Made of virgin polypropylene (PP) resins, these bags are in strict compliance with FIBCA standards. Our FIBCs are highly customizable and can be created to accommodate your specific handling, transportation and storage needs.
FIBCs offer numerous advantages over rigid forms of packaging:
- Available in a variety of fill and discharge options.
- Available with a tube or form-fit custom liners made from linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) and low-density polyethylene (LDPE). Liners are also available with foil laminates.
- Available in a variety of lifting arrangements.
- Available with coated or uncoated finishes, including BOPP film.
- Available in UN specifications for levels 1 to 3. These bags are certified in independent labs in the country of their origin and carry UN certification labels.
- Groundable (Type C).
- Static dissipative (Type D) utilizing Crohmiq® fabric.
FIBC bulk bags are created by feeding polypropylene (PP) resin and other additives into an extruder to produce PP tapes that vary in thickness and width. These thin strips are then cut and wound onto bobbins to begin the weaving process. This tight weaving allows the FIBC bags to be sturdy, robust, and watertight.
At Palmetto Industries, we design, manufacture and distribute our FIBC bulk bags in-house, meaning you don’t need to worry about relying on middlemen. A proud FIBCA member, and a select licensee of CROHMIQ fabric, we can create FIBC bulk bags to fit your exact needs and requirements. We’re the global experts on FIBC products. Contact us today at 706-737-7999 to learn what customers around the world have known for over 25 years – Palmetto is the go-to name in packaging.